1001 Cookie Mix Gift Jar
• Makes 10 cups.
• 5 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 3/4 cups sugar
• 2 tablespoons double acting baking powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 1/2 cups PLUS 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Spoon flour into measuring cup and level with spatula. Put in large bowl with at least a 4-quart capacity. Measure sugar, baking powder and salt into flour. Stir until mixture is thoroughly blended. Add butter and use pastry blender or clean hands to work into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal. Store covered in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer. Do NOT press down. Use mix at room temperature. Spoon lightly into measuring cup, level with spatula.
When using margarine, do not use diet, whipped or soft.
* Have all ingredients at room temperature.
* Do not sift flour — spoon lightly into measuring cup and level off.
* Use standard measuring cups and spoons.