• 2 large butternut squash
• 2-12oz bags of frozen sweet corn
• 1/4 cup onion, minced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp butter
• 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
• 3/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
• Dash of nutmeg
• 1/2 black pepper salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper (add more to taste if desired)
1) Roast squash using desired method. Peel and cube.
2) Cook corn per directions on package
3) Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is clear
4) Add broth to onions and garlic and simmer for ~10 minutes
5) Add corn, squash, cream, and spices to broth. Simmer for 30 minutes or until squash begins to breakdown.
6) Remove soup in sections and puree in food processor until smooth. Return to stove and simmer an addition 15-20 minutes.