• 10 3/4 can cream of celery soup
• 1 tbs. flour
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine or canola oil
• 1/2 tsp. garlic salt or to taste
• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
• 20 oz. frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions, well drained OR 2 pounds fresh spinach, cleaned, stems removed, chopped, cooked and drained
• 1 tbs. dry onion, chopped, or 1 small onion, peeled, ends removed, diced
In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together celery soup, flour, butter or margarine or canola oil, garlic salt, salt and pepper until smooth and piping hot. Add cooked and drained spinach, dry chopped onion or diced onion. Serve.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish.