• 10 oz brown rice penne, cooked
• 3 tbsp unsalted butter
• 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 lb cooked, medium shrimp
• 2 tbsp cornstarch
• 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
• 3/4 cup whole milk or half and half
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 8 oz (1/2 can) no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to directions.
3. In a large skillet (oven proof)* melt 1 tbsp butter and sauté garlic and shrimp. Remove from pan and set aside, do not drain.
4. Whisk together cornstarch, chicken broth, and milk.
5. Add 2 tbsp butter to skillet. Once melted, add milk mixture and salt and pepper. Simmer 3-5 minutes. Once it begins to thicken, add ¾ cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to mixture. Stir until cheese is melted.
6. Add shrimp, tomatoes and pasta to skillet. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
7. Transfer to casserole dish (keep in skillet if oven proof). Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes to melt cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes to brown cheese if desired.