Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup (Lowfat)
• 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
• 1 large onion, quartered
• 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
• 2 cans chicken broth-I use the Swansons Healthy Request, fat free
• 2 to 3 soup cans of water
• a generous shake of dried dill and a generous shake of dried parsley
• 8 oz. noodles – I use the “No Yolks” brand broad noodles
Put vegetables in CP. Add chicken. Pour in broth and water. Add dill and parsley.
Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Remove veggies and chicken from CP. Add noodles, turn to high and heat while you shred the chicken and mince the veggies. I run the veggies through the food processor. Return chicken and veggies to CP and heat through. It takes the noodles about 20 minutes to cook.
Serves about 6 hungry folks. I use a 5 qt CP for this. I also use frozen chicken breast right out of the freezer.