Spicy Crab Over Pasta
• 1 tb Olive oil
• 2 md Garlic cloves, chopped fine
• 1/2 md Green bell pepper, diced
• 1 ts Crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 cn Salt-free whole tomatoes 16 oz.
• 1/2 c Rich, salt-free fish stock
• 1 tb Double-concentrate tomato paste
• 1 tb Fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 2 ts Sugar
• 1 ts Finely grated lemon zest
• 1 Bay leaf
• 1/2 lb Flaked crabmeat
Cooked pasta your choice In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil with the garlic, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes over moderate heat. When they sizzle, add the tomatoes, crushing them with your hands, and stir in the fish stock, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, lemon zest, and bay leaf. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until thick but still fairly liquid. The stir in the crabmeat and continue simmering until the sauce is thick, 3 to 5 minutes more. Serve over cooked pasta such as spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine or fettuccelli.